Monday, March 14, 2011

Lovable Sam

Saturday night was really bumpy for Sam. I think he was finally to the point of wanting daddy home. He woke up about 3 different times during the night and the first thing that would come out of his mouth was, "Papa." I would then have to calm him down and assure him that we would see him tomorrow. He didn't really like that answer, but he would eventually fall back asleep. I felt so bad for him. He was done with not seeing him. He wanted his daddy home.

It finally comes time to where we can wake up and get ready for church. I was able to keep him busy enough to not think about daddy too much. Mike was to arrive during Stake Conference so I took my phone with me so he could text me when he got there. The moment I received the text I ran out the door with Sam. The second Sam saw his daddy he ran as fast as he could while smiling and laughing to him. Once there, he gave him this huge hug and it lasted literally 5 minutes! He was smiling and laughing and just held on tight. He would not let go!! (I think someone was a little excited?) Once we finally sat back down and after the hug he just sat on his lap for about 15 minutes just staring at him with an occasional hug and kiss and laugh. It was absolutely adorable! My favorite part was when I asked if I could have a hug and he said no. He did not want to leave his daddy for one minute. Daddy was all his and that was that.

To say the least Sam loves his "papa" and missed him quite a lot!

No comments: